The LOOSE WAVES
This is a great look for guys who want a little longer hair, but don’t want to risk wandering into Fabio territory. And if you have a substantial amount of hair on top, fear not a little controlled chaos. This cut is only achievable if you have a decent amount of medium-thick hair on your head, otherwise it could look a bit limp and lackluster. It’ll work for most face shapes, but less so for round/square shaped faces, as it could further widen the silhouette. Show a little restraint on the facial hair; clean-shaven or a little close stubble will keep the attention on the hair.
The LOOSE WAVES
a step-by-step guide
1. Create a horseshoe parting at the top of the head following the partial ridge. Next, create a guideline in the center back holding the hair at a 90 degree angle.
2. Cut the hair following a traveling guide from the center back to behind the ear.
3. Repeat on the other side and back by keeping your hands palm-to-palm.
4. Connect the temple area to the guideline behind the ear to create increasing length.
5. Connect the top middle part to the length below the crown area to create a stationary guide. Cut using gradation for a soft perimeter.
6. Using stationary guide from the crown, connect to front perimeter.
7. Cut the perimeter at the sides and nape.
8. Detail the perimeter with The Trimmer.
9. Apply The Texture Gel for hold.
10. Finish styling/drying hair with The Brush Dryer.
ESQUIRE RULE 727
All this pressure to groom your entire body?
Give in to a little bit of it.