As far as short hairstyles go, this one is a bit higher maintenance, but it’s worth it. The biggest issue is just keeping that volume in the front. For the cut, ask your barber to go shorter on the sides with layered length on top. To style it, comb pomade (or whatever product your barber specifically recommends) back from your forehead while your hair is wet. Then break out the blow dryer and blow it back and up in order to create some height. Once it’s dry, use your fingers and a bit more product to give it separation. And then, stay the hell out of the rain.
a step-by-step guide
1. Create a horseshoe parting around the widest part of the head by using The Classic Dual Comb. Use fingers to establish the base line.
2. Start underneath the perimeter ridge to establish the guideline from the side to the top area, utilizing The Classic Professional Clipper. Continue the same way to connect to the center of the nape.
3. Starting at the sides, connect the perimeter to the guideline using The Classic Professional Clipper with a closed blade to create a fade.
4. Working from the front toward the back, use the clipper-over-comb technique to remove the weight line. At the nape area, continue with the same technique to remove the weight line.
5. Place guard 3mm on The Classic Professional Clipper for desired length. Opening the blade on the clipper will give maximum length. Closing the blade will deliver shorter length to decrease the weight line. Remove the guard and proceed with the same technique.
6. Blend the guideline with the scissor-over-comb, or the clipper-over-comb technique.
7. Cut vertically from the highest point of the head toward the front perimeter in a graduating length.
8. Take the guide length from the middle and connect horizontal.
9. At the side part, utilize clipper-over-comb technique to connect the side and the top length .
10. Remove any undesired weight.
11. Utilize The Grooming Spray prior to using The Brush Dryer.
12. Complete by working The Pomade through the hair and style as desired.
ESQUIRE RULE 750
Hair growth a man must always maintain:
eyebrows, nose hair, ear hair, hair on
his head (if applicable).