The MAN BUN
And now, of course, it’s back to long hair (and the man bun). Interestingly, this is the third time we’ve seen the style crop up in the last half-century and it’s been a gap of about 20 years between each instance. If you’ve been paying attention lately, you might have noticed that long hair has made something of a comeback for men. If long is your thing, but time is not, the man bun is your white knight.
The MAN BUN
a step-by-step guide
1. Section hair into a ponytail at the crown area and clip hair out of the way.
2. Using The Trimmer with The Classic Straight Comb, blend the perimeter around nape and sides.
3. Cut desired length using vertical sections through the sides and horizontal sections through the top.
4. Distribute The Thickening Cream throughout the hair.
5. Comb the hair smooth and create a top bun at the crown area.
6. Secure with a bobby pin and we won’t tell.
ESQUIRE RULE 733
When you choose to grow a beard, you’re making a commitment—to trim (at least twice a week), to wash (at least once a day), and not to be surprised when parents hide their children from you, especially if you’re also wearing a ski cap.